- The property at 6555 West College Drive in Palos Heights, Ill., home to the media outreach ministry of the Christian Reformed Church for more than 40 years, was sold to adjacent Trinity Christian College in December.
- Volunteer missionary Rev. David Nederhood remains in the intensive care unit in a Singapore hospital following a motorcycle accident in Bali, Indonesia, on December 2.
- Herm Keizer, a courteous and courageous man of deep faith and integrity, has been described as the most well-known and decorated military chaplain in the history of the Christian Reformed denomination.
- Jan Friend was a man of deep compassion and empathy who served God and his country for 30 years as a U.S. Army chaplain.
- Once a month on a Tuesday night at Good News Church, a Christian Reformed congregation in London, Ont., more than 250 meals are prepared.
- Langley (B.C.) Christian School made history when they won a double banner in one sport in early December.
- The evangelism committee at Ocean View Christian Reformed Church in Norfolk, Va., wanted to put funds earmarked for outreach to good use.
- About 14 people gather regularly at a restaurant in Sarnia, Ont., for a Saturday morning breakfast.
- Pastor Jae Duk (Jason) Lee is the pastor of Mercy Presbyterian Church, a Christian Reformed congregation in Gardena, Calif.
- Hal Bode had a love for people, especially those who were burdened by the difficulties of life. He devoted his time, energy, wisdom, and knowledge...
- Every December, just west of Edmonton in the town of Stony Plain, Alta., the wooden platform in the sanctuary of Hope Christian Reformed Church becomes the stage for some of the finest in country music.
- Christmas is a time usually spent with friends and family. But for those who are separated from loved ones, the holidays can be a source of sadness rather than joy.
- These news stories, features and columns from 2017 made the top 10 in reader engagement.
- The American Psychological Association’s newest “Stress in America” survey of 3,440 adults shows the public’s overall stress level remains the same as last year’s.
- For more than 20 years, the folks of Lacombe, Alta., have been welcomed to a free community dinner on Christmas Day.
- Rev. Colonel Herm Keizer died unexpectedly on December 22 in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- The term “church plant” hadn’t come into common use in 1929 when...
- Theologian and religious broadcaster R.C. Sproul, who founded Florida-based Ligonier Ministries and authored dozens of books, has died at age 78.
- If there ever was a “war on Christmas” in America, Santa may have won.
- Devin Benter is a tech sergeant with the 133rd Test Squadron of the Iowa Air National Guard currently deployed to Turkey.
- Students at Calvin Christian School (CCS) in Hamilton, Ont., were awarded the Hamilton Conservation Authority's 2017 Education Award for their project on invasive species.
The declaration by United States president Donald Trump that the U.S. will recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital is a grave threat to future peace.
Pastor Roland Rizallaraj plans worship services, every other week, and more community events.
“The only things that mattered to us was that we wanted it to be beautiful."