The following pertains to display advertising. If you are looking for information on classified ads, please see our classified advertising page.
Your Business Supports This Ministry!
|Price (effective January 2020)|
Supplied BRE (with full page ad purchase)
|$3,700.00 plus printing|
|Three Ads (within 12 months)||5%|
Established in 1865, The Banner is the official publication of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. It seeks to inform, educate, challenge, and inspire members and leaders of the denomination. Though its readers are concentrated in the Midwest, both coasts, and in several Canadian locations, they are found in all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. The Banner carries your message to about 78,000 households and 225,000 members across the U.S. and Canada.
Please note all prices are in U.S. funds. Canadian invoice amounts will be converted at the prevailing rate and will have GST added.
The Banner’s award-winning design staff can create your ad at very competitive prices. Contact the advertising office for more information or to receive a free estimate.
Ad Agency Commission
Agency commission is 15% on space and color to recognized advertising agencies. No cash discounts. Advertising will be billed the week of the issue date. Payment is due within 30 days of invoice date. If payment is not made within 60 days of invoice date, the agency commission is forfeited.
- Ad insertion order or written notice of intent must be placed in advance to qualify for frequency discounts.
- Advertising must be placed within a 12-month period from the date of the first insertion.
- Advertisers placing less than the agreed frequency will be short-rated accordingly.
- Discounts are applied to space and color only, not to ad preparation fees.
- Art is due by the closing date.
- Due to our printing schedule, we normally cannot accept late ads. Reserved space will still be invoiced.
- If a late ad can be accepted, it will be subject to a late fee penalty.
- Cancellations or downsizing will be accepted no later than one week prior to the closing date.
- Closing date for preprinted inserts is 5 weeks prior to the publication date.
- Display ad space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Book your ad as early as possible.
All advertising is subject to the approval of the editor in chief. Advertisers retain the liability for all content (text, representation, and illustration) of advertisements. Advertising in The Banner does not imply editorial endorsement.
Display Advertising Sizes
Full page with bleed: 8.25 x 10.75 + extra .125 inch for bleeds*
Full page without bleed: 7.25 x 9.625 inches
2/3 Vertical: 4.75 x 9.625 inches
1/2 Vertical: 4.75 x 7.25 inches
1/2 Horizontal: 7.25 x 4.75 inches
1/3 Vertical: 2.30 x 9.625 inches
1/3 Horizontal: 4.75 x 4.75
1/4 Vertical: 2.30 x 7.25 inches
1/4 Horizontal: 4.75 x 3.50 inches
1/6 Vertical: 2.30 x 4.75 inches
1/6 Horizontal: 4.75 x 2.30 inches
*Bleeds (.125 inch) are available on full pages only.
Ads need to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The preferred format is Adobe Acrobat PDF Files. The size and resolution of images directly affects the quality of the final reproduction. Please follow these guidelines when submitting electronic files:
- Files should be saved at 300dpi at the final printed size with embedded fonts and images.
- All color images and type and graphics needs to be set to process color (CMYK). Spot color is not used in the printing of The Banner.
- All customer-supplied copy, art, and photos will be returned upon request.
The Banner Schedule
Space is limited. Ads are inserted on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Please note that the months of July and August will be one issue.
|Issue Date||Ad Deadline||Ship Date|
|October 2020||August 31, 2020||September 17, 2020|
|November 2020||October 5, 2020||October 22, 2020|
|December 2020||November 2, 2020||November 19, 2020|
|January 2021||November 30 2020||December 17 2020|
|February 2021||January 4, 2021||January 21, 2021|
|March 2021||February 1, 2021||February 18, 2021|
|April 2021||March 1, 2021||March 18, 2021|
|May 2021||April 5, 2021||April 22, 2021|
|June 2021||May 3, 2021||May 20, 2021|
|July/August 2021*||June 21, 2021||July 8, 2021|
|September 2021||July 26, 2021|
August 12, 2021
To schedule a display ad, request a media kit, or to speak with an advertising representative, contact:
The Banner - Display Advertising
1700 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508-1407
Phone: (616) 224-5882
Fax: (616) 224-0834