The following pertains to display advertising. If you are looking for information on classified ads, please see our classified advertising page.
Your Advertising Supports This Ministry!
Sign an ad contract to gain frequency discounts on your display ad prices (details below). Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Pricing (effective January 2021)
|Prime Spots (inside front cover (IFC); opposite IFC; opposite editorial)||$4,720||$4,485||$4,250||$4,000|
|Other Specified Positioning (non-prime)||+10%|
Supplied BRE (with full page ad purchase; printing cost not included)
|3x (three ads within 12 months)||5%|
Established in 1865, The Banner is the official publication of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. It seeks to inform, educate, challenge, and inspire members and leaders of the denomination. Though its readers are concentrated in the Midwest, both coasts, and in several Canadian locations, they are found in all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. The Banner carries your message to about 78,000 households and 225,000 members across the U.S. and Canada.
Please note all prices are in U.S. funds. Canadian invoice amounts will be converted at the prevailing rate and will have GST added.
The Banner’s award-winning design staff can create your ad at very competitive prices. Contact the advertising office for more information or to receive a free estimate.
- Ad insertion order or written notice of intent must be placed in advance to qualify for frequency discounts.
- Advertising must be placed within a 12-month period from the date of the first insertion.
- Advertisers placing less than the agreed frequency will be short-rated accordingly.
- Discounts are applied to space and color only, not to ad preparation fees.
- Art is due by the closing date.
- Due to our printing schedule, we normally cannot accept late ads. Reserved space will still be invoiced.
- If a late ad can be accepted, it will be subject to a late fee penalty.
- Cancellations or downsizing will be accepted no later than one week prior to the closing date.
- Closing date for preprinted inserts is 5 weeks prior to the publication date.
- Display ad space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Book your ad as early as possible.
All advertising is subject to the approval of the editor in chief. Advertisers retain the liability for all content (text, representation, and illustration) of advertisements. Advertising in The Banner does not imply editorial endorsement.
Display Advertising Sizes
Full page with bleed: 8.25 x 10.75 + extra .125 inch for bleeds*
Full page without bleed: 7.25 x 9.625 inches
2/3 Vertical: 4.75 x 9.625 inches
1/2 Vertical: 4.75 x 7.25 inches
1/2 Horizontal: 7.25 x 4.75 inches
1/3 Vertical: 2.30 x 9.625 inches
1/3 Horizontal: 4.75 x 4.75
1/4 Vertical: 2.30 x 7.25 inches
1/4 Horizontal: 4.75 x 3.50 inches
1/6 Vertical: 2.30 x 4.75 inches
1/6 Horizontal: 4.75 x 2.30 inches
*Bleeds (.125 inch) are available on full pages only.
Ads need to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The preferred format is Adobe Acrobat PDF Files. The size and resolution of images directly affects the quality of the final reproduction. Please follow these guidelines when submitting electronic files:
- Files should be saved at 300dpi at the final printed size with embedded fonts and images.
- All color images and type and graphics needs to be set to process color (CMYK). Spot color is not used in the printing of The Banner.
- All customer-supplied copy, art, and photos will be returned upon request.
The Banner Schedule
Space is limited. Ads are inserted on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Please note that the months of July and August will be one issue.
|Issue Date||Ad Deadline||Ship Date|
|November 2021||October 4, 2021||October 21, 2021|
|December 2021||November 1, 2021||November 18, 2021|
|January 2022||December 6, 2021||December 23, 2021|
|February 2022||January 10, 2022||January 27, 2022|
|March 2022||February 7, 2022||February 24,2022|
|April 2022||March 7, 2022||March 24, 2022|
|May 2022||April 11, 2022||April 28, 2022|
|June 2022||May 9, 2022||May 26, 2022|
|July/August 2022*||June 18, 2022||July 5, 2022|
|September 2022||August 1, 2022||August 18, 2022|
|October 2022||September 12, 2022|
September 29, 2022
To schedule a display ad, request a media kit, or to speak with an advertising representative, contact:
The Banner - Display Advertising
1700 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508-1407
Phone: (616) 224-5882
Fax: (616) 224-0834