The following pertains to display advertising. If you are looking for information on classified ads, please see our classified advertising page.
Your Business Supports This Ministry!
|Price (effective January 2019)|
Supplied BRE (with full page ad purchase)
|$3,600.00 plus printing|
|Three Ads (within 12 months)||5%|
Established in 1865, The Banner is the official publication of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. It seeks to inform, educate, challenge, and inspire members and leaders of the denomination. Though its readers are concentrated in the Midwest, both coasts, and in several Canadian locations, they are found in all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. The Banner carries your message to about 78,000 households and 225,000 members across the U.S. and Canada.
Please note all prices are in U.S. funds. Canadian invoice amounts will be converted at the prevailing rate and will have GST added.
The Banner’s award-winning design staff can create your ad at very competitive prices. Contact the advertising office for more information or to receive a free estimate.
Ad Agency Commission
Agency commission is 15% on space and color to recognized advertising agencies. No cash discounts. Advertising will be billed the week of the issue date. Payment is due within 30 days of invoice date. If payment is not made within 60 days of invoice date, the agency commission is forfeited.
- Ad insertion order or written notice of intent must be placed in advance to qualify for frequency discounts.
- Advertising must be placed within a 12-month period from the date of the first insertion.
- Advertisers placing less than the agreed frequency will be short-rated accordingly.
- Discounts are applied to space and color only, not to ad preparation fees.
- Art is due by the closing date.
- Changes in orders are not accepted after the closing date.
- Cancellations or downsizing will be accepted no later than one week prior to the closing date.
- Closing date for preprinted inserts is 5 weeks prior to the publication date.
- Display ad space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Book your ad as early as possible.
All advertising is subject to the approval of the editor in chief. Advertisers retain the liability for all content (text, representation, and illustration) of advertisements. Advertising in The Banner does not imply editorial endorsement.
Display Advertising Sizes
Full page with bleed: 8.25 x 10.75 + extra .125 inch for bleeds*
Full page without bleed: 7.25 x 9.625 inches
2/3 Vertical: 4.75 x 9.625 inches
1/2 Vertical: 4.75 x 7.25 inches
1/2 Horizontal: 7.25 x 4.75 inches
1/3 Vertical: 2.30 x 9.625 inches
1/3 Horizontal: 4.75 x 4.75
1/4 Vertical: 2.30 x 7.25 inches
1/4 Horizontal: 4.75 x 3.50 inches
1/6 Vertical: 2.30 x 4.75 inches
1/6 Horizontal: 4.75 x 2.30 inches
*Bleeds (.125 inch) are available on full pages only.
Ads can be submitted electronically. The preferred format is Adobe Acrobat PDF Files. The size and resolution of images directly affects the quality of the final reproduction. Please follow these guidelines when submitting electronic images:
- Files should be saved at 300dpi at the final printed size with embedded fonts and images.
- All color images and type and graphics needs to be set to process color (CMYK). Spot color is not used in the printing of The Banner.
- Other methods of submission are acceptable but must be accompanied by a color hard copy. This includes other electronic files and camera-ready art. Please see the detailed specifications sheet on our website at www.thebanner.org or call for a copy.
- All customer-supplied copy, art, photos, and disks will be returned upon request. Materials not used within one year after publication date will be destroyed unless alternate instructions are given.
Disks and hard-copy printouts (required) can be sent to The Banner Advertising Office, 1700 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids MI 49508-1407
The Banner Schedule
Space is limited. Ads are inserted on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Please note that the months of July and August will be one issue.
|Issue Date||Ad Deadline||Ship Date|
|November 2019||October 7, 2019||October 24, 2019|
|December 2019||November 4, 2019||November 21, 2019|
|January 2020||December 2, 2019||December 19, 2019|
|February 2020||December 30, 2019||January 16, 2020|
|March 2020||February 3, 2020||February 20, 2020|
|April 2020||March 2, 2020||March 19, 2020|
|May 2020||April 6, 2020||April 23, 2020|
|June 2020||May 4, 2020||May 21, 2020|
|July/August 2020*||June 15, 2020||July 9, 2020|
|September 2020||August 3, 2020||August 20, 2020|
|October 2020||August 31, 2020|
September 17, 2020
To schedule a display ad, request a media kit, or to speak with an advertising representative, contact:
The Banner - Display Advertising
1700 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508-1407
Phone: (616) 224-5882
Fax: (616) 224-0834