Home Missions has taken steps to improve its ability to help the CRC strengthen existing churches, support campus ministries, and start new churches.
How? By forming regional teams in each of Home Missions’ 12 regions across the United States and Canada. Guided by Home Missions’ regional leaders, these new teams are made up of Home Missions’ small-group representatives and other qualified people who serve the churches and classes in their region.
Here’s why we think this approach makes sense:
- Decision-making authority and responsibility will be transferred to the regions where the work is happening.
- here is strength and momentum in teamwork.
- Home Missions’ capacity to nurture mission-focused churches, faith communities, and leaders will increase.
- Each regional team will develop its own plans, objectives, and strategies for its own region.
- Ethnic teams will provide strong encouragement and support for Native American, Hispanic, African American, and Korean ministries.
- Opportunities for ethnic leadership will increase.
- Each team will include spiritual-formation specialists who can encourage the practice of spiritual disciplines, especially prayer.
For more information contact Home Missions at 1-800-266-2175, ext. 847, or e-mail Allen Likkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Feature: Tending God’s Creation
- Exposing Harassment of OSJ Raises Questions, Hope for Humility
- Book Review: Something’s Not Right