Christian Reformed Home Missions participates in God’s redemptive mission by cultivating gospel movements across North America through partnerships with leaders, churches, ministries, classes, and other CRC agencies.
Working in regional teams, Home Missions staff focus on multiplying new churches and campus ministries, cultivating diverse missional leaders, and partnering with churches in a shared mission of renewal. We help people to clearly speak and live out the good news of Christ—changing lives, healing communities, and renewing culture by God’s Spirit.
More than 20 new churches were started through Home Missions partnerships during the year. One of these new ministries, Agua Vida, ministers to Hispanic migrant workers who labor on dairy farms in DeMotte, Ind. The church attracts more than 50 migrant workers and their families to weekly worship services.
Although it officially launched in 2008, MosaicHouse Community Church in Edmonton, Alberta, made great strides in 2009. What began as an attempt to reach out to this ethnically diverse Canadian city has turned into regular worship services that attract Chinese, East Indian, Venezuelan, Costa Rican, and Korean American people. The church also features an active, growing network of small groups.
Home Missions’ campus ministers used creative approaches to introduce students to the gospel this past year. For example, the campus ministry at William Paterson University in Paterson, N.J., launched an outreach program called “Garbage Evangelism.” Students go into residence halls, knock on doors, offer to take out garbage, and invite people to share prayer requests. The program has helped bring students to Christ.
Home Missions also provided coaching and training for pastors, church leaders, and prayer leaders in existing congregations. For instance, the Home Missions Great Lakes Ministry Team was involved in coaching clusters of pastors and other staff leaders, as well as coaching individual pastors and consulting with congregational vision teams.
Home Missions is thankful to Christian Reformed churches and members for your prayers and generous financial support.
Website: www.crhm.orgUnited States: 800.266.2175 or 616.224.0772Canada: 800.730.3490 or 905.336.2920E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Missions funds 176 ministries in the United States and Canada.
- 101 new churches currently receive financial assistance from Home Missions, with more in the early planning stages.
- More than 500 Christian Reformed churches and nearly 400 congregations from other denominations are active in small groups ministry, thanks to programs and resources made available through Home Missions.
- 22 educational ministries (20 campuses and two New Mexico schools) receive Home Missions support.
- 13 Leadership Development Networks are training evangelists in English-, Korean-, and Spanish-speaking communities.
- Home Missions provides training for classis prayer coordinators.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Feature: Tending God’s Creation
- Exposing Harassment of OSJ Raises Questions, Hope for Humility
- Book Review: Something’s Not Right