Back to God Ministries International is the media ministry of the Christian Reformed Church. Using tools that effectively reach into diverse cultures and societies, BTGMI seeks to evangelize and disciple, transforming lives and communities by the power of God’s Word and Spirit.
BTGMI’s 10 unique language ministries use radio, television, Internet, phone, and print media to reach people in major cities and remote villages around the world. Each year, BTGMI touches the lives of people in more than 200 countries.
New Outreach in India
For the first time BTGMI will broadcast in India’s major language, Hindi, and other local languages. In collaboration with Words of Hope, the media ministry of the Reformed Church in America; and Good Books Ministries in northern India, we have the opportunity to reach an estimated 400 million Hindi-speaking people. This also opens doors for producing broadcasts that reach people in neighboring countries.
What Else Is New?
In order to increase leadership training for communities of faith that form in response to this media work, BTGMI has entered into partnership with the Timothy Institute of Calvin Theological Seminary. This partnership is already at work in Indonesia among the 121 Listener Communities established over the past three years. BTGMI also works in partnership with Christian Reformed World Missions and the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC) for advanced evangelistic and diaconal training in Indonesia.
In the Middle East there is a new openness to the gospel. There has been a significant increase in visits to our Arabic website and downloads of the Bible and other discipleship materials. Text messaging provides a secure way for listeners to ask questions about the Christian faith.
In China, partners are opening doors for the duplication and distribution of much-needed discipleship materials.
United States: 800.879.6555; 708.371.8700
Canada: 800.730.3490; 905.336.2920
BTGMI program initiatives include
- 49 audio programs airing on more than 1,770 radio stations and delivered by Internet, CD, and cell phone.
- 10 video programs airing on more than 128 TV stations and delivered by Internet or DVD.
- 28 websites providing evangelism and discipleship resources.
- daily devotionals offered via telephone that receive millions of calls yearly.
- distribution of devotionals and other written literature, including more than 3.9 million devotional booklets in six languages distributed annually.
- 23 international centers where those who respond to BTGMI media can receive further spiritual direction, plus more than 38 centers where volunteers provide follow-up.
- Bible study correspondence courses in six languages.
- children’s ministries in seven languages.