Steven Timmermans, executive director of the Christian Reformed Church, joined more than 100 Christian faith leaders from across the United States in sending a letter to U.S. president Donald Trump and the United States Congress, urging them to protect vulnerable immigrants.
- Preaching and painting came together in a recent sermon series at Second Christian Reformed Church in Grand Haven, Mich.
- Thanks to a newly installed community ice skating rink, Bethel Christian Reformed Church in Zeeland, Mich., is now a hot spot for cold-weather recreation.
- Seung Jai Kang, 80, was a dedicated and energetic pastor who lived his life in service to local ministries, church planting, and teaching...
- Carl Reitsma was born on Reformation Day and loved the Reformed faith.
- Louise Van Andel knows the value of CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) first-hand: she would not be alive today if...
- In their household, birthday parties are usually “over the top,” filled with family fun and birthday cake. This year, one birthday celebration was different.
- For the second consecutive year, Elmhurst (Ill.) Christian Reformed Church streamed the live performance of Too Hot to Handel: the Jazz-Gospel Messiah to correctional facilities across Illinois, Wisconsin, and Louisiana.
- A third undocumented Indonesian has sought sanctuary in his New Jersey church, saying he fears deportation to his native country because Christians suffer persecution there.
- We're looking for new writers to contribute to our news section with stories of our congregations, ministries, and members. Coaching is available for this freelance opportunity.
- In Sioux Falls, S.D., pastors and ministry leaders who have come to the U.S. as immigrants attend training sessions to better minister to their communities.
- It was a time of building relationships, refueling, and realizing the value of networking with other dedicated and passionate youth leaders.
- A change to the government of Canada’s student summer jobs program has groups like the Canadian Council for Christian Charities (CCCC) and the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC) reacting with concern and advocacy on behalf of their members.
- The property at 6555 West College Drive in Palos Heights, Ill., home to the media outreach ministry of the Christian Reformed Church for more than 40 years, was sold to adjacent Trinity Christian College in December.
- Volunteer missionary Rev. David Nederhood remains in the intensive care unit in a Singapore hospital following a motorcycle accident in Bali, Indonesia, on December 2.
- Herm Keizer, a courteous and courageous man of deep faith and integrity, has been described as the most well-known and decorated military chaplain in the history of the Christian Reformed denomination.
- Jan Friend was a man of deep compassion and empathy who served God and his country for 30 years as a U.S. Army chaplain.
- Once a month on a Tuesday night at Good News Church, a Christian Reformed congregation in London, Ont., more than 250 meals are prepared.
- Langley (B.C.) Christian School made history when they won a double banner in one sport in early December.
- The evangelism committee at Ocean View Christian Reformed Church in Norfolk, Va., wanted to put funds earmarked for outreach to good use.
- About 14 people gather regularly at a restaurant in Sarnia, Ont., for a Saturday morning breakfast.
- Pastor Jae Duk (Jason) Lee is the pastor of Mercy Presbyterian Church, a Christian Reformed congregation in Gardena, Calif.
- Hal Bode had a love for people, especially those who were burdened by the difficulties of life. He devoted his time, energy, wisdom, and knowledge...
- Every December, just west of Edmonton in the town of Stony Plain, Alta., the wooden platform in the sanctuary of Hope Christian Reformed Church becomes the stage for some of the finest in country music.