Long before Synod 2016, first-time delegates began their journey. José Rayas, an experienced delegate, prepared the group regarding both parliamentary procedures and the issues to be considered. Dan Kuiper, Samuel Aranda, and Erika Colyn kept in touch and had a great deal of discussion in order to be prepared to participate fully at synod. Rayas served as vice president of synod. All agreed it was worthwhile and helped their appreciation of synod and its workings.
Synod 2016 is meeting at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Mich., from June 10-17. For continuous Banner coverage, please follow The Banner Magazine on Facebook or @crcbanner on Twitter. You can find more tweeting by following hashtag #crcsynod. News stories will be posted at thebanner.org several times daily. Unless noted otherwise, all photographs are by Karen Huttenga.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide