When Owen, the son of author Ron Suskind, was a typical 3-year-old, he “vanished,” becoming mute, crying incessantly, and rarely sleeping, with the onset of what was later diagnosed as autism.
Before The Hunger Games, before Divergent, there was The Giver. Lois Lowry’s now-classic young adult novel is the story of Jonas, who has reached the age to be assigned his vocation.
Back-to-school shopping includes sharing with others for two brothers in St. Catharines, Ontario
Rachel Koning of Grand Rapids, Mich., reaches out to other teens being treated for life-threatening illnesses.
- Brothers Boost Back-to-School Community Drive
- Teen Cancer Survivor Helps Other Teen Patients
- Clean-up Efforts Underway After Burlington Flooding
- Michigan Church Celebrates 100 Years
- Church Worldwide: U.S. Must ‘Destroy’ Islamic State, Say Religious Conservatives
- Life, Animated: A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes, and Autism
- The Giver
- Worthwhile Watching: A Christian Critic’s Take on the Movies
- The Lowdown
- The Hundred-Foot Journey