The committee to study war and peace makes several recommendations on how the CRC can advocate for peace in today’s society. Those include the following:
- creating a Reformed virtual peace institute to draw on what Reformed scholars have said on issues of justice and peace and make resources available to churches
- developing materials to assist pastors in counseling members who are entering the military, returning from active duty, and/or are veterans of previous wars
- urging national governments to dedicate more resources to peace work
- asking the church’s executive director to communicate to the U.S. government the church’s ethical concern about preventive warfare
- holding biennial symposiums on justice and peace.