Will anyone want the mantel clock?
Readers share their opinion about an issue of interest to the church, challenge others, or reflect on something near and dear to their heart. 450 words.
I was taught to obey police officers, but they didn’t play a large role in my life.
My earliest memories of Holy Communion are set in a small church in rural Netherlands. In that place and in those times, the pious took the apostle Paul’s injunctions regarding righteous living at face value.
Divorce rocked my world when my spouse left me. Now, as my 30s draw to a close, I’m alone and a single parent—certainly not by choice
The Christian community remains strangely silent about mental health issues.
The school shooting in Parkland, Fla., reminds us of the epidemic of gun violence in the United States.
Some people may wonder what we as Canadian members of the Christian Reformed Church have done that requires reconciliation with Indigenous people.
Like many, for years I thought that God’s blessings included mostly things that he gave, such as happiness, health, and employment,...
- When I was a 10-year-old, Psalm 90 was my favorite psalm. I knew it as the hymn “O God, Our Help in Ages Past.”
I appreciate your dedication to bringing the Word every Sunday.
A few years ago my wife and I took a five-week road trip.
Solomon said, “It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting,
I am troubled that the framework set forth in “Rape Culture and Christian Colleges”
If current trends hold, church attendance may continue to decline.
- When in 1953 Hugh Heffner launched his Playboy magazine, he knew that the nudes and sexually oriented articles he planned to feature would attract a large readership
- Many of our churches have a reading bias.
- Our denomination has plenty of differences.
- Paul told the Corinthians that “those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves”
- In 2018 many of us will celebrate the 400th anniversary of the adoption of the Belgic Confession, Heidelberg Catechism, and Canons of Dort
- I believe that synod had the right to rule that homosexual marriage is morally impermissible,
My husband, Phil, suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm earlier this year. We were told that 60 percent of folks who...
- I grew up in a large family with three older brothers who raped me whenever they wanted.
The history of Syria and its neighbor, Lebanon, is a complicated one. Civil war in Syria started shortly after its...
“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,...