Churches in northcentral Iowa celebrated the Christian Reformed Church’s 150th birthday with worship services in Parkersburg Sept. 9 and in Kanawha Sept. 23.
Author and Dordt College English professor James Schaap delivered the keynote address at both locations on the topic “Will There Be a Bicentennial?” Schaap discussed the CRC in the past, noted overall church trends today, and speculated as to what the future may hold for the denomination.
Attendees appreciated Schaap’s message. “It was a good job of putting things in perspective,” said Glenn Arkema of Woden CRC.
Both services also featured a hymn sing, choirs, and communion.
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here