In his book The Comeback, pastor Louie Giglio declares that everyone should live for the honor and glory of God. And that might mean a comeback. For unbelievers, the comeback is salvation. For believers, a comeback may include difficulties such as suffering along the way. Sometimes believers do not see that even the pain they go through is an opportunity to honor the Lord, says Giglio.
Giglio describes how living out the suffering may be part of a comeback. For example, Samson lost his eyesight and strength, yet God helped him regain his strength and destroy the enemy. He describes other biblical comebacks too, like that of Lazarus, and also mentions modern-day individuals who have experienced comebacks.
This pastoral book is easy to follow and is filled with hope.
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here
Read entire current print issue »