Martin Smith, former lead singer of the disbanded Christian group Delirious?, returns with a solo album, and it is a beauty.Back to the Start chronicles Smith’s revival with both his music and his God. Smith’s voice has a unique, raw quality. His new album consists of various styles, including rock-and-roll, ballads, and dance music, all wrapped around the worship experience. The instrumentation is diverse, incorporating brass and stringed instruments.
One track that stands out from the first play is “Song of Solomon,” which depicts the love relationship between the Lord and Smith himself. He calls the selection “one of the most intimate songs I’ve ever written.” Delirious? fans will welcome this record with heartfelt appreciation, while new listeners will understand what made Smith such a strong player in the modern worship movement for nearly 20 years. (Integrity Music)
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here