I Am They focuses on vulnerability in themselves and their listeners, and Faithful God—album No. 3—testifies strongly to that mission. Themes include celebration, trust, and thankfulness. The music reflects solid pop with a little folk and a ballad or two mixed in. The title cut was penned in response to vocalist Matt Hein’s friend’s up-and-down fight with cancer. The powerful lyrics in the chorus state: “I will sing through fire and thunder; ‘Cause You are on my side; I trust you with my life; I know my story isn’t over; Even against all odds; You are a faithful God; You’re a faithful God.” Another favorite is the declaration, “Found My Freedom,” a song multi-Grammy Award winner Matt West co-wrote and sings on the album. The opening selection, “Delivered,” offers an uptempo piece in victory mode. Vocalist Abbie Parker summed up the album in a telephone interview: “I think it’s just the type of music we need right now,” she said, “a reminder of God’s faithfulness—our true purpose—our true story.” Faithful God hits the mark.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide