Natasha Owens offers plenty of hope in an upbeat style with her third full-length record, Warrior. The music is high-energy pop with a 1980s instrumental vibe. A message of overcoming is central, resulting in large part from Owens’ near-death experience last year when an artery was punctured during a medical procedure.
The final cut, “I Surrender,” was penned when Owens suffered intense nerve pain at 3 a.m. during that difficult season. The title track calls people to battle with Jesus alongside them. “Race to Run” urges listeners to move forward with Jesus and begs them to sing along with the music. “I want to show people they can make it too,” Owens said in a press release. “The scars remind me that I don’t have to worry about the next battle because I know God will be standing with me.” (Radiate Music)
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here