Ashley Cleveland is a musical treasure perhaps unknown to many outside the music world. But the three-time Grammy winner has lent her vocals to over 300 albums inside and outside the Christian sphere. Cleveland’s tenth solo album, One More Song, tells personal stories that are close to her heart.
In “Lily Grown Wild,” she sings about saying goodbye as her youngest child leaves home. “Way Out of No Way” describes Cleveland’s battle and victory over alcohol. The title cut, “One More Song,” chronicles her mother’s relationship with her mom’s older sister, Betsy.
This rock-driven record is influenced by gospel and blues, and it features guitar solos from both Cleveland and her husband, Kenny Greenberg. Cleveland doesn’t sugarcoat her music or her life. That’s her gift to the music community, and to the body of Christ. (CD Baby)
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide