Ashley Cleveland is a musical treasure perhaps unknown to many outside the music world. But the three-time Grammy winner has lent her vocals to over 300 albums inside and outside the Christian sphere. Cleveland’s tenth solo album, One More Song, tells personal stories that are close to her heart.
In “Lily Grown Wild,” she sings about saying goodbye as her youngest child leaves home. “Way Out of No Way” describes Cleveland’s battle and victory over alcohol. The title cut, “One More Song,” chronicles her mother’s relationship with her mom’s older sister, Betsy.
This rock-driven record is influenced by gospel and blues, and it features guitar solos from both Cleveland and her husband, Kenny Greenberg. Cleveland doesn’t sugarcoat her music or her life. That’s her gift to the music community, and to the body of Christ. (CD Baby)
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here