Jaci Velasquez appeared on the Christian music scene at age 16, and the multiple Dove Award winner is still going strong with her eighteenth record, Trust (English version) or Confío (Spanish). Velasquez offers listeners her first recording in over five years, her first worship album. This is the first time she has released both English and Spanish versions of an album at the same time.
The music centers on God’s faithfulness and includes pop influences as well as the contemporary worship style. Velasquez’s voice is rich, deep, and soothing. The opening song, “Trust You,” is a standout and sets the tone for the entire record. Velasquez sings some of her own written music and some popular worship songs such as “Great Are You Lord,” “Great Is Your Faithfulness,” and “I Will Call.” (Integrity)
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide