Dr. Charles Stanley, pastor at First Baptist Church of Atlanta, has ministered to thousands worldwide through his books and the In Touch television and radio programs. Courageous Faith is an intimate look at his own life. Stanley uses personal examples, showing how he learned to trust God to deliver him through difficult circumstances.
Stanley’s story reads like those of some of the leading men in the Bible. Though he comes from humble beginnings, Stanley’s widowed mother and grandfather were godly people who developed his faith in the Lord.
Later, he faced major battles with church leaders at First Baptist Church. When a church board member punched Stanley in the face at a meeting, God used the incident to rally the congregation to pursue a different, positive direction.
This book is an excellent opportunity to learn more about one of most influential pastors in modern times. (Howard Books)
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here
Read entire current print issue »