Presented by the Christian Reformed Church, Sea to Sea 2008 is a binational cross-continental cycling trek beginning June 28 in Seattle, Wash., and ending nine weeks later on Aug. 30 in Jersey City, N.J. The average daily ride is 68 miles (109 kilometers) for a total distance of about 3,750 miles (6,000 kilometers).
- Celebration rallies are planned in Seattle; Kennewick, Wash.; Boise, Idaho; Salt Lake City; Denver; Sioux Center, Iowa; Madison, Wis.; Grand Rapids, Mich.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, and Jersey City, N.J.
- Funds raised will support programs aimed at ending the cycle of poverty for families and communities locally and globally. (For more information about the cause, see “Where the Money Goes,” p. 25)
- Cyclists can register for one, two, or all three sections of the route, ranging from two to nine weeks. Cyclists commit to reaching a fund-raising target of $10,000 (or $4,000 per section) in support of the cause.
- Cyclist profiles are on the Sea to Sea website with links to online giving. To donate in the name of a cyclist or to inquire about becoming a tour sponsor, call 1-888-CRC-BIKE or visit www.seatosea.org.
- Registration closes Jan. 31, 2008. Call 1-888-CRC-BIKE to find out if space is still available.