The ministries of the Christian Reformed Church in North America have several resources to help individuals and congregations in their cultivation of prayer and spiritual disciplines. Most of these can be found at crcna.org/resources.
These resources include:
- The Faith Practices Project
- A six-part podcast & Bible study series (companion e-book) from Groundwork
- The Today daily devotional (daily Scripture reading, reflection, prayer; available in English, Chinese, and Korean)
- Cada Dia devotional (Spanish, Portuguese)
- Perspectives Reformées devotional (French)
- RCJ devotional (Japanese)
- YKB devotional (Indonesian)
- Kids Corner
- Family Fire resources: Spiritual Disciplines for Family Life; Spiritual Disciplines: Family Fasting; Nurturing Faith from Infancy
- Advocacy as a spiritual discipline: Social Justice and Centre for Public Dialogue
- Discover Your Bible series
- Reformed Worship
“There have been some encouraging things happening when it comes to intentionally incorporating prayer into the lives of our congregations, classes, and denominations,” denominational prayer shepherd Rev. Jon Hoekema said, including the concentrated effort to surround Synod 2022 with prayer. Volunteers will be recruited to pray for Synod 2023 too.
Local and regional prayer initiatives are also happening. Classis Southeast U.S. had a day of prayer before its fall meeting, Hoekema said, and Classis Zeeland has a weekly pastors' prayer gathering.
Hoekema holds a prayer time via video conference on the second Wednesday of every month. Those wishing to participate should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Hoekema also encourages people to visit crcna.org/pray to subscribe to daily, weekly, or monthly prayer requests.