It was a three-peat for the men’s basketball team at Western Michigan Christian High School in Muskegon, Mich.
After winning the state title in both 2009 and 2008, the school’s athletic director, Fred VandenBrand, said the team obviously felt the pressure and challenge of winning another championship.
“We had a target on our back,” said VandenBrand.
VandenBrand said that besides being grateful for the team and its talent, they were thankful “for all the safety through the traveling that takes place.”
The team was coached by Jim Goorman, who has coached the varsity team at the school for 31 years.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide