We are Messengers burst on the Christian scene in 2016 with its debut album, and the band originally from Ireland continues to gain momentum. Power is its second release and features a variety of music styles including gospel, reggae and Irish/Celtic. “We’ve written the most honest songs we can for human beings, telling stories about our messy lives and about how God meets us in our humanity,” said band leader Darren Mulligan in a release. And that vulnerability attracts fans. For example, the top 5 hit, “Maybe It’s Okay” states, “Maybe it’s okay I’m not okay/’Cause the one who holds the world is holding onto me/Maybe it’s alright if I’m not alright/’Cause the one who holds the stars is holding my whole life.” Other solid songs include the title track and the third radio single, “Love.” Whether focusing on the music or lyrics, Power is an excellent choice for any music collection. (Curb/Word Entertainment)
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide