Two spiritual directors, Jenn Giles Kemper and Lacy Clark Ellman, have begun a not-quite-biweekly podcast that focuses on the themes of the liturgical seasons. Drawing on many Christian traditions, they look for ways to incorporate the liturgical calendar into their everyday lives with practices that might seem insignificant but help direct their hearts (and all of their senses) toward the presence of God.
So far there have been four episodes, which have covered Advent, Christmastide, and Epiphany. They have a good rapport, sounding like what they are—two close friends sitting down for a good chat. This might be a bit too talky for some listeners, but these women offer some simple, refreshing ways to focus minds and hearts on the most important things.
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here