Famed worship leader and singer-songwriter Chris Tomlin provides listeners with another batch of Christ-centered worship songs on Love Ran Red. This high-energy record, Tomlin’s tenth, features themes that are common in his music, including the cross, God’s love, and grace.
One standout, “Jesus Loves Me,” resounds; this isn’t the same song children sing in Sunday school. The title track, “At the Cross (Love Ran Red),” makes a powerful declaration: “Where your love ran red and my sin washed white, I owe all to you, I owe all to you, Jesus.” “I Will Boast” is a mellow offering; it focuses on the cross with soothing, beautiful piano. The deluxe edition of this album would make an excellent addition to anyone’s worship music collection. (Sixstepsrecords)
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here