Christian Reformed Home Missions serves the congregations, ministries, and members of the Christian Reformed Church in North America through partnerships that work to fulfill Christ’s mission.
Home Missions partners with classes and local churches to support educational ministries, help churches become more mission-focused, encourage church planting, train leaders, and promote spiritual growth through prayer and small groups such as Coffee Break.
In recognition of the CRC’s 150th anniversary, Home Missions joined the denomination in looking back with gratitude for our rich history and celebrating “grace through every generation.” Whether it was through helping an established church launch an outreach ministry or enabling a Coffee Break group to introduce women to Christ, Home Missions’ ministries served the CRC throughout the past year by sharing the gift of God’s grace in Jesus Christ.
During the past year, Home Missions formed special task groups to identify how to better serve local churches and classes. The task groups will focus their attention on four key areas, including church planting, development and leadership, small groups and spiritual formation, mission-focused churches, and educational ministries.
In the past year, Home Missions has also continued its efforts to bring its staff and resources closer to the churches and classes it serves. Twelve regional ministry teams, located throughout the United States and Canada, allow churches to more easily access the support they need to
- develop goals, mission and vision
- plant new churches
- expand missions and outreach
- carry out campus ministry
- obtain funding for programs through partnership grants.
In addition, Home Missions regional teams work to nurture the diversity of our denomination by working with Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American ethnic ministries at the local level.
In all these ways, Home Missions has helped equip and mobilize the 200,000 members of the CRC to impact their neighbors’ lives and reach people for Jesus.
We thank you for your generous ministry shares, gifts, offerings, and prayers, all of which we accept with gratitude and dedicate to the glory of God.
Website: www.crhm.orgUnited States 800-266-2175; 616-224-0772Canada 800-730-3490; 905-336-2920E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Missions funds more than 190 ministries in the United States and Canada.
- Seventy-five new churches currently receive financial assistance from Home Missions, with 20 more in the early planning stages.
- More than 500 Christian Reformed and nearly 400 other congregations are active in small groups ministry, thanks to programs and resources made available through Home Missions.
- Twenty-two educational ministries (20 campuses and two New Mexico schools) receive Home Missions support.
- Fifteen Leadership Development Networks are training evangelists in English-, Korean-, and Spanish-speaking communities.
- Home Missions provides funding for 24 internships to train leaders for outreach and discipleship.
- Home Missions provides training for classis prayer coordinators.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Tell A Better Story
- ‘Rebirth’ for a Wisconsin Church
- Book review: A Church Called Tov, by Laura Barringer and Scot McKnight