Kalamazoo (Mich.) Christian High School won its third consecutive Michigan Quiz Bowl championship in April.
The 12-member team of teens ages 15-18 won its last seven matches in the championship finals at Michigan State University to capture the Class C/D state title.
Al Nieboer, a science teacher at the school and one of the team’s coaches, said quality preparation is a key to Kalamazoo Christian’s perennial Quiz Bowl success.
“We practice all year, enter as many tournaments as we can, and reap the benefits of good classroom instruction,” he said.
Mike Timmerman of Kalamazoo Christian was named to the Quiz Bowl all-state team.
Enjoyed this article?
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- Book Roundup: Turning the Pages from Harvest’s Bounty to the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’
- Council of Delegates Addresses Finances, Plans for Synod 2022 and More
- Streaming Review: Squid Game
- Faith Matters: What I Learned from Hosting Interfaith Dialogue
- The CRC in Canada: A Field Guide