The Board of Trustees of the Christian Reformed Church met on May 3-4, 2012. Highlights include the following:
- Recommendation to Synod 2012 (the annual leadership meeting of the CRC) to increase the per member ministry share for 2013 by 3 percent, to $326.26. Ministry share is the money members contribute for shared denominational ministries. Nearly half of the increase will go to Faith Alive Christian Resources, the publishing ministry of the CRC.
- Endorsement of the proposal by Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC) to change its name to World Renew, with the tagline “Living Justice/Loving Mercy/Serving Christ.” It must be approved by synod. CRWRC is the development and relief ministry of the CRC.
- Recommendation to Synod 2012 that the 2014 synods of the CRC and the Reformed Church in America be held simultaneously in Pella, Iowa.
- Adoption of a revised policy on sexual misconduct involving CRCNA employees.
- Adoption of new model Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws for Canadian CRCs, which must be approved by synod.
- Decision to update the ministry plan for agencies and institutions of the CRC, a draft of which is to be presented to Synod 2013.
- Discussion about the role of advisors at CRC synods.