We asked our reviewers to offer their five favorite titles of 2018 in a number of categories. While a few needed more than five, our gracious reviewers offer up some wonderful lists of great books, movies, music, and more. You can follow links to either the Banner review where available or more information on the title. Apparently there is so much good TV that only one person could narrow it down to five! Here is the list:
From Kristy Quist of Grand Rapids, Mich., Mixed Media Editor for The Banner.
- The Good Place (NBC). The not-quite-good-enough foursome continues their hilarious quest to get into The Good Place for a third silly and smart season.
- Homecoming (Amazon). Julia Roberts gives a powerful performance as a woman trying to figure out what she has done in this Hitchcockian thriller.
- The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu). The second season of this dystopian thriller is as timely, horrifying, and thought-provoking as the first.
- Better Call Saul (AMC). Jimmy’s moral inadequacy becomes more obvious as he continues to choose wrong in season four of this show about human nature and, one might say, total depravity.
- Occupied (Netflix). While the mature content may rule this out for some viewers, this Norwegian show about a modern-day Russian occupation of Norway often seems so real it could be a true story.