Our Shared Ministry
This category was previously called Together Doing More.
- Hurricane survivors have needs beyond their physical requirements for food, water, and shelter. Rev. Allen Schipper of Grand Rapids, Mich., knows this first-hand.
- During the autumn of 2017, many hearts were heavy as the news of hurricanes Harvey, Maria, and Irma was broadcast around the world.
- People who follow Christ are less than 1 percent of the Fulani population. So what it means to follow Christ, what it means to worship together, what it means to plant a church—these are uncharted in Fulani culture.
- Elichi and Kazuto* share more than friendship. They are on a journey together to learn about Jesus.
- As we move forward into another new year, I think of God’s promises as being something like handrails: they provide a sense of security, giving us something to hold onto...
“Even though we must deal with the storms in life, and we can’t ignore our problems, we must remain hopeful in all that we do and stay full of zeal, even when it’s hard,” said Deb Stouten.
- “I was three months into the Renewal Lab journey when this exciting and daunting realization struck me...
- It’s opening weekend for the latest superhero movie in Vancouver (B.C.). Bucket of popcorn and 3D glasses in hand, three enthusiastic fans slip into the theater early, hoping to get a good seat. To their surprise...
Yoshiichiro Tokuhara can recall the first time he heard about Jesus.
Bookie and Lakesha Gates felt a sense of brokenness and mistrust in their marriage that Lakesha described as “horrendous pain.”
Our youngest two children were 11 and 15 when we adopted them
“A cord of three strands is not easily broken”
Forging a mutually satisfying and long-term “fit” between congregation and pastor is a matter of considerable art, science, and prayer for both pastors and churches alike.
The Maltos and Santhals, two different ethnic groups living in Jetkey, a small village in India,
Preliminary results of the 2017 CRCNA Member Survey show that many respondents believe their congregations have become healthier
Calvin Seminary kicked off its academic year with a convocation address that highlighted the past while also encouraging new and returning students...
Richard Britton will always remember the prayers he heard during church services and before training events in Sierra Leone.
The Calvin Institute of Christian Worship has put together a wide-ranging resource on Creation Care that comes in six parts:
Most Christian Reformed churches are long-term, quiet, close-knit communities of believers worshiping God, fulfilling their baptismal vows, serving each other, and sharing the gospel with their neighbors.
When, during my high school years, I went to a stage production of the musical Godspell, one song in particular struck a chord with me. “On the Willows” was a haunting tune based on Psalm 137:1-4.
ill* was an intelligent man who worked as a software developer for a large restaurant chain while living at his parents’ home in Beamsville, Ont.
Mirah (name changed) was born into a Christian family.
Peter Noteboom, a member of First Christian Reformed Church in Toronto, Ont., and an employee of the Christian Reformed Church...
One seed planted through a radio broadcast nearly 40 years ago has grown