I feel torn among the demands of my family, work, and church. How can I find a balance in using my time wisely?
Our panel of contributors replies to questions from readers on topics like these: ethics, relationships, missional living, faith formation, vocation/calling, digital life, church/Bible/doctrine, and stewardship. Got a question you’d like answered?
My daughter has Down syndrome. Does God have a calling for her to fulfill?
My congregation does not approve of women serving as elders or ministers. Isn’t this gender discrimination?
Do we need to consider a digital-device detox?
How can we have a meaningful worship time with so many new children joining our Children’s Worship group?
How can observing the Day of Justice help my church become more missional?
Why do strained relationships so often develop between churches and pastors?
Is participating in the stock market a form of gambling?
Every October our church has a Stewardship Sunday with a sermon about giving money to the church.
As a Reformed Christian, I believe everything is redeemable. But I’m starting to wonder about social media.
A friend of mine in hospice care was obviously struggling when he mentioned the devil and the guilt he felt.
What if I make the wrong career choices?
How can I keep myself from becoming too busy and burning out?
Our children are at the age where they’re staying in the worship service instead of going to children’s worship. Much of the service, though, including sermons, is way over their heads. How can we help them stay engaged?
I have never discipled anyone. How do I get started?
I understand your fear. Your church appears to be attracting unchurched...
In light of recent tragic church shootings, should churches consider having members carry concealed weapons to church?
- I recently finished school, found a job, and have my first steady income. I want to give appropriately to my church and other organizations. How do I decide how much to give and to whom?
- As a high school senior I feel so much pressure in making decisions that might affect my career and life: Do I go to college or not? What programs do I choose?
- Our deacons are promoting electronic funds transfer (EFT) as a giving option for our church.
- When the pastor visited my father and uncle to make funeral arrangements, he outlined costs the family should expect. These included paying him for performing the service.
- What is the government’s role (if any) in regulating wealth...
Is counseling always the best option for personal or relationship troubles?
- Our teenage daughter says she is embarrassed to be a Christian.
I have been working against poverty and hunger over the years.