Matt Dorff gives readers a new way to experience Scripture with Origin, the first book in a graphic novel series entitled Messiah. Translated from the Greek texts by Father Mark Arey, this illustrated book tells the story of Christ through the four gospels with actual Scripture embedded in the vivid, colorful drawings. This isn’t how your great-grandmother studied the Bible but an attempt to attract readers in the visual age.
At first glance it may seem a bit gimmicky, but the book offers solid scriptural depth, compelling illustrations, and glossy paper that invites the reader to take a closer look. This work might especially appeal to children, young-in-the-faith Christians, or people who have never experienced the gospels and the story of Christ. (Zondervan)
Get All the Updates!
Don’t miss this week’s must-read articles:
- The Banner, Breaking Barriers receive Church Press Awards
- Colin Watson: Remembering Who Is In Control
- Online review: 12 Museums to Visit Virtually
- Christian Publishers, Content Providers Offer Free Subscriptions, Tools for Physical Isolation
- Massachusetts Church Hosts Multilingual Worship Fest
- COVID-19: Get updates here